Advertisement

Monday 15 June 2015

We have decided to get married... Now what?

First Wedding Post! 

Img courtesy of Olessya (pixabay.com)

So Irvin and I have decided it is time to move on to a new stage in life. 

Now what?

You know, as a child, I have always thought of a wedding as an event that is romantic, loving, and magical. It is the day where you get to doll up glamorous and pretty, where everyone makes an effort to swing by and give their blessings, and when you get to eat good food. 

As I grow up I realised how wrong I was. The wedding is a day full of formalities and rules; the couple has to follow a strict and tight itinerary from morning to night, looking glam and pretty on the surface but being tired and stressed-out beneath. Goodness me, couples don't even get to sit down and eat during their own banquet! What logic is that?

Img courtesy of chillisauce.co.uk
Anyway, all things aside, it is true that marriage is a lifelong commitment, so I guess it is good to use your wedding planning as an opportunity to discuss everything in detail with your partner: be it wedding preparations, future goals and commitments, expectations of the wedding and the marriage.

We have made a general list of what to do and we will be following it rather closely just to ensure that we will not find ourselves in a fix and getting all stressed out as the date gets nearer.

I will be sharing more about our wedding preparations in my future posts, so do keep a lookout and stay with me if you are keen to find out more about bridal boutiques, wedding venues, Chinese customary wedding traditions, and DIY wedding projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are currently revamping our blog and our articles will be back up as soon as possible.

Please bear with us for the moment as we do some springcleaning and replace all broken links on our archived posts. Before that is completed, we will be removing all affected posts.

Thank you.

Advertisement